Thursday, September 22, 2011

Faculty Art Exhibit

     The faculty art exhibit in Green Hall was not what I expected.  There were several types of art I did not expect  to see.  The graphic art was a surprise and I was also surprised by the number of pottery pieces included in the exhibit.  The piece of art I focused on was a large painting with a bunny in the center.  It caught my attention because it appears as if it was painted by more than one artist.  The bunny's style is soften, rounder, and more realistic than the hands coming out of the sides of the painting.  The hands are modern, almost coloring book like.  The background full of clovers made me think of good luck symbols (4 leaf clover, rabbit's foot).  The whole painting felt like something from Alice in Wonderland. I don't think it is something I would enjoy having in my home, it's a bit too busy for my taste, but it definitely caught my eye and made me think.

2 comments:

  1. So true! It was a great picture, but to busy for my taste. I would love to have the ability to paint like that, or to even have that kind of imagination. It does remind me of Alice in Wonderland! What a great perception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember the painting you are talking about - quite vividly. I was looking for the magic hat! The painting reminded me of St. Patrick's Day with all of the green clover. The bunny was the main focus as it was the largest thing and in the center, but yes, I agree w/ the two of you - too busy for my taste as well. I was pleasantly surprised at the exhibit as well. I was surprised that the pieces were completed by the faculty. Now, I'd like to put a face with the artwork!

    ReplyDelete