Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week 2 Know-Do-Be

   This weeks's reading in Meeting Standards through Integrated Curriculum had an interesting idea in Chapter 3.  The section on  "Know-Do-Be" made so much sense that I felt ashamed that I haven't been planning this way all along.  Obviously I always have in the back of my mind what I want my students to learn, but having a formal structure like this to follow would help insure that I am covering everything I need to cover in order to create the best lessons I possibly can for my students. The idea of "Be" was one I hadn't given a lot of thought to in the past, and certainly hadn't placed a lot of emphasis on as I planned my lessons.  But after reflecting on what I want from my students as I read this lesson, I see how vital it is that I do include this piece.  This is especially important with my age group as they stand on the verge of adolescence and all that occurs during the next few turbulent years. I plan on sharing this with my colleagues at school to see how they feel about planning this way in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment